Updated resource documents to help you prepare for changes to the Large Cash Transaction Report (LCTR) form
Following the publication of the Notice to reporting entities: Resource documents to help reporting entities prepare for changes to the LCTR form in July 2022, FINTRAC has made minor updates to the draft documents listed on this page to further streamline the new LCTR form, validation rules and schemas. In addition, the API endpoints and specifications portal link is now available.
Summary of the updates:
- LCTR mock form
- The draft validation rules have been removed from the mock form and published as a separate document.
- A few fields and table values have been adjusted for clarity and consistency.
- LCTR validation rules
- The validation rules have been revised for language consistency and consolidated in an excel document.
- A number of the previous warnings have been removed or adjusted in order to streamline the report submission process and better align with record-keeping obligations.
- LCTR schemas and samples
- Minor changes have been applied to these documents. Change logs are available upon request.
- API endpoints and specifications portal
- A link to the API endpoints and specifications portal has been added to the Draft documents page on our website.
- This portal is intended to share specifications for all reporting form updates moving forward.
- The current specifications cover both the LVCTR form and the upcoming LCTR form.
- Access to this portal is meant for sharing the report specifications only. Report testing is currently not available. However, we are anticipating registration and access to test the new LCTR form in spring 2023.
- Please note, the content on this page is subject to change and will be updated as improvements are implemented. Reporting entities will be informed of updates by email.
To access and download these documents and view the API endpoints and specifications portal, please visit the Draft documents page of our website.
Please note: At this time, there are no updates to the draft guidance. A final version of the guidance will be provided when the revised LCTR form is implemented.
At FINTRAC, we are committed to working collaboratively with reporting entities to combat money laundering and the financing of terrorist activities. We assist reporting entities in fulfilling their legal obligations by providing guidance, publishing policy interpretations, responding to enquiries, and participating in various reporting entity-related engagements.
For questions, please contact FINTRAC by telephone at 1-866-346-8722 (toll free) or by email at email@example.com.
- Date Modified: